Name: Suhail Sherif
Status: Independent Contractor currently at Vector Institute, Toronto
Completed my PhD (thesis
) at the School of Technology and Computer Science, TIFR, Mumbai under the guidance of Arkadev Chattopadhyay
Interests: Computational complexity, specifically query and
communication complexity. Budding interest in quantum query complexity.
- The Log-Approximate-Rank Conjecture is False, with Arkadev Chattopadhyay and Nikhil Mande. Presented in a plenary talk at STOC 2019 [Slides, Video not yet out]. Also published in JACM.
- Towards Stronger Counterexamples to the Log-Approximate-Rank Conjecture, with Arkadev Chattopadhyay and Ankit Garg. Accepted at FSTTCS 2021.
- No quantum speedup over gradient descent for non-smooth convex optimization, with Ankit Garg, Robin Kothari and Praneeth Netrapalli. Presented at ITCS 2021 and QIP 2021 [Video,Slides].
- Near-Optimal Lower Bounds For Convex Optimization For All Orders of Smoothness, with Ankit Garg, Robin Kothari and Praneeth Netrapalli. Presented as a spotlight at NeurIPS 2021, accepted at QIP 2022.
- One-Way Communication Complexity and Non-Adaptive Decision Trees, with Nikhil Mande and Swagato Sanyal. Accepted at STACS 2022.
Tired of having ECCC reports download to your downloads folder instead of opening in the browser? Check out ECCC Fixes
, available on both Firefox and Chrome.